Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Here are pictures from last night!
Addison was a bumble bee!
My favorite thing about this costume is that whenever she would nod her head the little antennas would shake!
First we stopped at the JD store to visit Grandpa, but he wasn't there so we took her picture on a compact tractor! Then we went trick-or-treating at Grandma & Grandpa's house! It was a fun surprise for them since they didn't know we even had a costume for Addie!
**Side note: It's hard for me to look at these pictures of her in her costume wearing white socks & brown shoes with black. It goes against everything I've ever believed in and studied in school - I know better! But I had forgotten to get her black socks at least! Some day I'm going to have to explain to her what happen and I hope she accepts my apology!** Grandma offered us some candy to take home so I gathered up a baggie full! Addie thought she needed to check it out.

And check it out she did - for a long time! We had planned to trick-or-treat a little more before calling it a night, but she didn't want to stop playing with the bag of candy. She ended up having a bit of a melt down so we just went home.

Here is some video of Addison playing with the bag of candy at Grandma & Grandpa's house. It isn't the best video quality and you may have to turn your volume way up to hear anything. Although there isn't much to listen to, it's just me talking to her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a chocoholic in your future. Way to start her young. Love, love the costume. Can't believe that mom let her sit by the open stairway like that, but maybe the gate is up. :-)

ML Rusch said...

Grandma is standing in the stairway!

Henrik and Carrie said...

She looks darling!!!

CJ Olson said...

She's such an adorable Bumble Bee!! It will be okay....she doesn't need to remember that she wore white and brown with black! Plus she was itty bitty.....she looks cute! :-) You are so funny!

Kristin said...

First of all, I thought Addison wasn't going to dress up - what changed?
Secondly, thank you for acknowledging the sock brown shoe with black outfit thing. I appreciate that you admit it and have a little shame. But if Addison is confused about this some day down the road, I'll help you explain it to her. :-)